We can always use another pair of hands in classrooms, with fund raising or with keeping our school looking great. We welcome volunteers on a one-time or a recurring basis.
How You can Help:
With the Children …
- Read to our children
- Demonstrate to children a skill or hobby, such as cooking, playing a musical instrument
- Lead a class in active, outdoor activities such as soccer and other games
Office Assistance and Events …
- Assist with periodic mailings
- Help with Special Events –plan, publicize and carry out monthly and semi-annual events, greet guests, or facilitate our special events that we conduct a couple times a year.
Offer a special skill: Do you know computers well enough to train non-users? Do you live on Facebook? Tell us your skill and we can find a use it.
- Perform minor repairs, clean toys and shelves
- Garden — Tend to our front and back entry ways with potted and planted flowers
Eat with Us! Join us at our monthly Dining for Dollars fundraisers at area restaurants. See notices on our Home Page of the monthly venues.
- Regular volunteers at the Center must be 14 years or older;
- To work with children, you need a TB test with confirmation of negative results.
To arrange a volunteer visit, call the Children’s Center at 703-534-4907 or email Renee Boyle.