Our program uses The Teaching Strategies, LLC. The Creative Curriculum. This curriculum draws ib the latest research and best practices in Early Childhood Education to create a high-quality learning environment that enables every child to become a creative, confident thinker. Using The Bilingual Creative Curriculum, all of our children establish a strong foundation in both the Spanish and English language. The Bilingual Creative Curriculum focuses on 38 objectives for development and learning in Social-Emotional, Physical, Language, Cognitive, Literacy, Mathematics, Science and Technology, Social Studies, The Arts and English Language Acquisition. These “domains of learning” guide children toward achieving 38 objectives or skills that are fundamental for concepts they will encounter later in school. The objectives of The Creative Curriculum coincide with the Center’s philosophy of Early Childhood Education and mission.
The Creative Curriculum Objectives for Development and Learning:
1. Regulates own emotions and behaviors
3. Participates cooperatively and constructively in group situations.
4. Demonstrates traveling skills
5. Demonstrates balancing skills
6. Demonstrates gross-motor manipulative skills
7. Demonstrates fine-motor strength and coordination
8. Listens to and understands increasingly complex language.
9. Uses language to express thoughts and needs.
10. uses appropriate conversational and other communication skills.
11. Demonstrates positive approaches to learning
12. Remembers and connects experiences
13. Uses classification skills
14. Uses symbols and images to represent something not present.
15. Demonstrates phonological awareness
16. Demonstrates knowledge of the alphabet
17. Demonstrates knowledge of print and its uses.
18. Comprehends and responds to books and other texts
19. Demonstrates emergent writing skills.
20. Uses number concepts and operations
21. Explores and describes spatial relationships and shapes
22. Compares and measures.
23. Demonstrates knowledge of patterns.
Science and Technology
24. Uses Scientific inquiry skills
25. Demonstrates knowledge of the characteristics of living things
26. Demonstrates knowledge of the physical properties of objects and materials.
27. Demonstrates knowledge of the Earth’s environment.
28. Uses tools and other technology to perform tasks.
29. Demonstrates knowledge about self.
30. Shows basic understanding of people and how they live.
31. Explores change related to familiar people or places.
32. Demonstrates simple geographic knowledge.
33. Explores the visual arts.
34. Explores musical concepts and expression.
35. Explores dance and movement concepts
36. Explores drama through actions and language.
English Language Acquisition
37. Demonstrates progress in listening to and understanding English
38. Demonstrates progress in speaking English