The Center greatly appreciates the financial, in-kind, and energetic support of its donors. In order to enable children from low-income families to attend, the Children’s Center must raise more than $150,000 in scholarship funds each year. The Center also welcomes donations for classrooms and volunteers to help work with children and keep the Center in great condition. Read below to find the way you’d like to support the center.
The tuition paid by our full-tuition parents is only the first step in keeping our preschool program up and running. As a non-profit organization, our Center is supported largely through contributions from parents, generous individuals, and businesses in the area. These donations are essential for us to continue doing the great work we do every day. The money that you give to our Center goes straight to our children, and every bit is used efficiently. Your support covers so many things that are essential for our operation, such as:
- Speech and language, Occupational Therapy, and Behavior therapy services
- Dental, hearing and vision screenings
- Teacher and office staff salaries
- Breakfast, lunch and snack foods to feed over 70 children 4 times/day
- Field trips to a variety of exciting locations
- Books, art materials, blocks and toys
- Cots and blankets for nap time
- Upkeep of our vegetable garden
- Musical instruments, cooking supplies, costumes and dress-up clothing for dramatic play
- Playground equipment and upkeep
- Maintenance and upkeep of our facility, utilities
Each of our students is offered 4 meals every day, 2 of which are snacks. While our lunch is provided by the Good Food Company of Arlington, Virginia, snacks and breakfast are made possible by individual donors.
You can contribute to our snack program in either of two ways:
- Buy groceries from a list we provide and bring a week’s worth of healthy breakfast and snack foods directly to the Center.
- Provide grocery money so that we can offer fresh fruit, vegetables and other healthy foods to our growing children.
If you are interested in donating, send an email using our Contact Us form, or call Ms. Luisa at 703-534-4907 to let us know whether you’d like to subsidize for a day ($50), a week ($250) or provide the food needed.
If you want to provide grocery money, either donate online, or send a check to the Center. Indicate “Snack Program” in the notes or memo line so we know where to allocate your donation.
Make an Honor Gift
Many of our donors are interested in designating their donation in memory of a loved one, or as recognition of a special event such as a wedding. This is a wonderful and special way to acknowledge someone’s support and positive regard for our organization. Please make a note in the notes box of the donation form or in the memo line of your check.
Sponsor a Field Trip
Do you have contacts with an area performance group, attraction or special event? If you can provide tickets or arrange for a visit, call us at 703-534-4907. We also welcome contributions to allow for field trips that require an entry fee.
Sponsor a Classroom
Our classrooms occasionally need new supplies, updated equipment or assistance in obtaining learning materials for our children. A $500 donation makes it possible. Call Kathy for details at 703-534-4097 or indicate “classroom sponsorship” in the notes box, before you click to “Enter” your donation.
We can always use another pair of hands in classrooms, help fundraising or providing upkeep to our school. Contact Sandra at 703-534-4907 to discuss your skills and interests.